We carry out a variety of services for the following sportsturf applications:
- Football Clubs
- Cricket Clubs
- Rugby Clubs
- Hockey Clubs
- Golf Clubs
- Local Authority open spaces
- Large private gardens
- Sports Pitch Construction
Philliskirk’s have undregone numerous ‘new build’ natural play surfaces involving striping top soil regrading sub soil to the required levels and replacing the top soil. Installing new drainage systems cultivating and seeding,renovations and maintainence until it is ready to play.
We have modern Mastenbroek machinery designed to excavate narrow trenches,install pipe to laser grade and elevate soil directly into trailers in one contiuous operation. All operators are experienced with working on existing grass surfaces and all equipment is fitted with low ground pressure tracks or tyres. On most occasions the surface is playable instanlty leaving minimum disruption.
Secondary drainage is a method of removing the suraface water on a playing surface most effectly down into the piped system below.
We have several methods of secondary drainage which can be tailored to meet your requirements and budget.
A few of our secondary drainage methods include:
- Blec Sand Master (a ‘trenchless’ technique where a series of sand grooves is installed at 260mm spacings, 15-20mm wide and 200mm deep).
- Shelton Gravel Bander, this is similar to the sand master but installs gravel as opose to sand
- Sand Sltting, this is carried out by a tractor mounted wheel trencher to leave an excavated slit, approximately 50mm wide 200-300mm deep and typically carried out at 1 or 2 metre centres. The slits are backfilled with gravel and then topped off using sand. This is a very effective way of removing excess surface water as quickly as possible.
- Ground Breaker, a method of prenetrating the surface of even hard soils by creating a series of continuous grooves across the primary drinage to promote surface water run off.
- Renovation and Turf Mantenance
We can offer one off services on playing surfaces or where it is more cost effective to have a full maintnenance services.
A few of our maintenance renovation services include:
- Verti draining, a very effective method of decompacting the playing surface by creating a series of holes at evenly spaced intervals accross the playing surface. The vertidrain releves the compaction created by the mantenance machinery and general use. In addition will promotes root stucture and reduce the build up of organic matter in the upper soil profie.
- Sand Spreading, by spreading a specialist sportsturf sand and working into the upper soil profile it can improve wear quality and surface drainage particularly in heavy soils.
- Seeding and overseeding, we can offer seeding services wether it by a full pitch, goal mouth areas or worn pitch that requires disc overseeding to strengthen the exisiting grass to give a thick even grass coverage.
- Scarifying in order to remove thatch moss and dead grass and assist to promote root growth.
- Regular Grass cutting including cylinder gang mowing, topping, flailing, flail collecting and strimming